Sunday, November 23, 2008

NK 37



I've been meaning to write about NK for a while, and while I've got one minute, I'm going to quickly. It ended up being a wonderful weekend for all involved, and I got more out of it then I was expecting to (but I shouldn't have doubted it!). The talks were all really good, Agape (which was 'construction site' was honestly one of the best I've ever seen!!! But, I still can't find any pictures of it!) was so much fun, and CC was completely amazing. My good friend, Lauren LaCoy, was CC and it was as moving to me as my first, on NK27, 10 retreats ago. One of my favorite parts of it was Charlie (junior at Newman), who is not a small guy) crying the second it started until hours after it was done-more then any of the girls. :)

And, I know many of you 'older' Newman people have seen these pictures from Molly's blog (oh, and Molly-thanks for letting me use these pics without asking you ;)), I wanted to put them on here anyways for the rest of you to see. Reunion was such a blast, and Simon, Maria, and Lucy were definitely the highlight of the evening for all(and of course Charlie, Cecilia, and Bridget too, they just couldnt dance as well as the older ones!)! They all looked so stinking adorable, I can't wait till we can all get together again! I was craving Lucy all weekend, but after only one hug for me she wanted to be on the dance floor with all the action or in other people's arms. She espiecially liked Elizabeth and Susie that night. She insisted that Susie hold her, and Susie, being the super mom that she is held both Maria and Lucy, until I went over and Maria happily let me hold her; so we ended up switching girls, as the pictures show. Enjoy!

4 comments:

The Amazing Robert said...

excellent post! Details to come later for the birthday party.

Molly said...

You're very welcome ;)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the weekend. We really enjoyed being a part of it! I'm glad that it went so well.

Anonymous said...

Veronica- We had a wonderful time at reunion and was glad to hear that Koinonia was such a success. Us Super Moms need to unite soon! :)Keep up the good work!!!!
-Susie

Kathy said...

That looks fun! :)
I gave you a reward on my blog. Feel free to ignore. My mom gave me the reward, so I felt like I had to play along. :)